If you'd like to make a donation to help us print Issue Three, you can do it here:
We'll be throwing some kind of emergency benefit soon, too, and will gladly take your donations in the flesh, where you can get something tangible in return.
If anyone has a mixer they can donate to replace Bret's that was stolen at our benefit show, get in touch at email@example.com. He puts on a lot of incredible shows with that thing, and has been really good to us by way of sharing gear, hosting our events, and contributing awesome comics to the paper.
Also, if you've "liked" our facebook page, please add us as a friend to keep up with our deadlines and events. FB has recently changed the pages feature so that no one sees your posts unless you pay.
Thanks for all your support, and know that we are totally stubbornly stupidly determined to keep this paper going.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
So. Two problems. By all counts, it appears that someone stole Bret's mixer from the Land Line benefit on Saturday. He/Situations generously loaned us a PA, and it really, really sucks that someone would come to a benefit show at a diy space and steal it. If anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of a Behringer mixer, please let me know. Or if someone has one and wants to donate it to the Land Line to give to Bret to replace his, that would be incredible. The second problem: for reasons unknown to me, the benefit was very, very poorly attended. I don't get it. But that's what happened, and we're about $700 short of printing costs for Issue Three, which is supposed to go to the printer in a week. Not to mention the $300 it costs to send the paper to a dozen other cities. If you have any good schemes up your sleeve, now's the time to let them out.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
- Land Line collaborator Dan Edelstein got a LAND LINE TATTOO. Headline news.
- We're tabling at CAKE this weekend. Come say hello.
- Editor Robin Hustle is speaking on a CAKE panel on Sunday, June 16th at noon, about comics in Chicago and how awesome everyone is here.
- We're starting layout on Issue Three, with stellar new work by Julia Gfrorer, Frank Baez, Liam Warfield, Danielle Chenette, and many others.
- We can't print Issue Three unless we raise um over a thousand dollars at our benefit show next weekend. Oops! It's Saturday, June 23rd, and Lovely Little Girls, Gel Set, Ishtar Bukkake, travis (from ONO), Lezurreccion, and Piss Piss Piss Moan Moan Moan are playing. RSVP here if that's your thing.